The total 2021 season fee for new coaches is $88. The total 2021 season fee for returning coaches is $61. This fee covers:
- Annual NICA fee ($50)
- Background check requirement ($38 new coaches; $11 returning coaches)
- Insurance during practices, special events, pre-rides, and races
- The Coach and Leadership Summit
- OTB 101
- Training webinars and opportunities in Litmos
- Access to numerous resources through NICA’s industry connections, including discounts on products
- Risk management best practices
- The how-to’s of starting a team and working with middle and high school students
- And MUCH more!
The 2021 season fee for student-athletes is $300. The season registration fee breakdown is as follows: MICL season registration, event pass and league support – $250; NICA fees and administration costs – $50. In addition to supporting the Missouri League as a year-round organization, the season registration fee includes and supports:
- NICA registration
- NICA insurance coverage
- MICL registration
- Team support and development
- Event development and production
- Team practices, rides and events with certified NICA coaches
- Professionally led coaching education and advancement and a top quality youth sports coaching curriculum and philosophy
- A safe, professional, secure, and appropriate environment and experience for our participants
- Special offers from sponsors of NICA and the league, including discounts on products
- NICA Adventure, GRiT (Girls Riding Together), and Teen Trail Corps events and activities
- The MICL experience and FUN, friends and community!
Students will need to pay the season registration fee when registering for a team to be able to practice with the team for the entire season from April – November. (students may join a team and register any time up until September 19th, 2021). The Season Registration Fee is non-refundable.
Team Registration Fees
There is a registration fee of $150 that’s paid by each team to the Missouri Interscholastic Cycling League. This fee covers the insurance for the entire season of practices, team events and races. The fee also helps offset the cost of ongoing team development and support, team trophies/awards, leaders and spirit jerseys, on-the-bike skills clinics and resources, the Coach and Leadership Summit, and helps support league-level scholarships. In addition to liability and supplemental health insurance for all registered coaches, volunteers and student athletes, NICA teams enjoy a number of great benefits, including discounted products from NICA and MICL sponsors. This fee is managed by the Head Coach or Team Director in the Pit Zone.
Individual teams of the Missouri Interscholastic Cycling League may also charge their student-athletes a team fee. These fees are paid directly to the team and determined by team leadership. These fees vary and dependon what kind of things teams want to cover (equipment, supplies, jerseys, food, lodging, coach fees/training, team-level scholarships, etc). Check with your local Head Coach or Team Director for more details!
We understand finances can be a barrier for student-athletes or coaches to participate in mountain biking and we’re committed to assisting families with the MICL Scholarship Fund. Whether you’re a coach or a student-athlete, we are here for you!