Who is eligible to ride in the league?
- You are eligible if you will be enrolled in 6th-12th grade during our fall season.
When are practices and races?
- Our season is modeled after a fall interscholastic sport. Preseason begins in April and teams may host up to 6 events before regular season practices begin on July 1. Your team will have 2-4 practices per week from July until the beginning of November. Races and league events will be held on weekends from late August through October.
What do I need to ride?
- A bike, a helmet, closed toed shoes, and comfortable clothing are all you need to get started!
I don’t have a bike, may I still ride?
- Yes! Many teams have loaner bike programs often linked to a local bike shop. Contact your head coach for more information.
Do I need to have a team?
- We strongly encourage all students to join a team. Mountain biking is so much more fun with friends! Find a team on our website. No team in your area? Start a team with a parent or coach! A team need only consist of one rider and one coach to get started.
I don’t know how to mountain bike yet, may I still participate?
- Yes! Your coach will teach you all the necessary skills at team practices that you will need to have fun on your mountain bike. There are no team tryouts or cuts and everyone may participate in our races and events (if you want to).
Where are the races and events located?
- Races are located at trail systems all over the state of Missouri. Our locations are carefully chosen to provide the best experience for all league participants.
Is there a race category for me?
- There are different race categories for each grade and ability level. Something for everyone! Check out our handbook for more information about category eligibility.
Ready to get started? Check out our get started page for a step by step guide that explains how to register.