Missouri League TTC Counter: 980 hours as of Dec. 1st, 2022
Log your hours in the Pit Zone
Teen Trail Corps supports NICA’s mission to build strong minds, bodies, character, and communities through cycling by creating a culture of service within our community.
Speak. Serve. Ride. Respect.
Want to learn how we can all work together to share and protect our trails? Check out the IMBA Ride Vibes
“If we speak more about why mountain biking is beneficial and talk about getting better trails, there is a higher chance of it actually happening.”Haley – Pennsylvania Interscholastic Cycling League
Check out this article by NICA’s Phil Waidner to get inspired and learn about the impact that NICA student athletes are having on trails and communities around the country: HERE
Not sure where to start?
Here are some ideas:
- Demonstrate safe riding habits and improvement or mastery of key skills
- Being prepared (equipment)
- Assist your Coach in mentoring younger or less skilled riders
- Meet team attendance standards for a season
- Research and present how people safely use bicycles for transportation
- Social media postings
- Conduct team education
- Provide input to interactive mapping, surveys and requests from land managers
- Writing letters on land-use matters
- Attend/speak at public meetings
- Build relationships with the local trails group
- Build relationships with land managers
- Participate in your NICA league volunteer efforts
- Participate in local trail group volunteer efforts
- Participate in a volunteer trail maintenance training or workshop
- Treating the environment with respect and kindness
- Treating others with respect and kindness
- Building a strong connection with the environmental community
- Teach others how to show respect for the environment and community
- Developing positive community relations
- Expand on relationships
MICL Teen Trail Core Challenge Series
New for 2022!
Get involved with trails in your community for the chance to win cool SWAG!
Want to get involved with Teen Trail Corps in Missouri?
Contact Sharon (email@example.com), our league Teen Trail Corps Coordinator, for more information.